Friday, July 07, 2006

Grr!

So after the game tonight (sadly, the M's lost 6-1)we went to Kinko's to get my new passport photo taken. We're going on a cruise to Alaska in 6 weeks and I still need to renew it--eek! The good news is they offer expedited service; the bad news is it's nearly $200. Such is the price of international travel, or at least a brief foray into Canada...

Anyways, we got to Kinko's and they took one photo but it wasn't good enough--my chin was down too far or something. So the gal starts to take another photo, when the camera dies. Now I'm sure I overreacted (I stalked out in a major huff, leaving poor Larry to follow behind), but are you freaking kidding me??? You offer passport photos as a service, but no one thought to keep the camera charged? Maybe I'm particularly incensed because I work in retail, which is all about customer service, and their service quite frankly sucked. But I don't think it's asking too much to expect that a passport PHOTO service would have a functioning camera. Apparently Kinko's does, however, because their solution was that I should come back tomorrow. Needless to say, I found a different source for my passport photo--the UPS store. I think I'll call before going, though, just to make sure their camera's charged...

July 13--Update
The UPS Store in Fremont is awesome. I was in and out in 10 minutes, they were super nice, and my pictures even turned out pretty decent (a nice counterpoint to my driver's license, in which I look like a convicted felon). We got my application mailed off on Saturday, so I'm hoping I'll get my new passport in the next week or so. Moral of the story--never go to a Kinko's in the University District (of any city, I imagine) and expect good service. They're just too burned out from working with college kids all day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»